Windows 10 (64 Bit) Works Fine On An Old Intel DQ35JO System

how to put in windows 10
I just finished doing clean install (downloaded the MS DVD iso) while on an old system containing an Intel DQ35JO motherboard, 8gb RAM along with a Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor. It was previously running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. I entered the Windows 7 key in the install to some freshly formatted (GPT) SSD once everything was completed it activated without the complaint, the many hardware was recognized excluding an Intel ME device driver that I installed from what I previously used with Windows 7. Everything works fine and every one of the software I've used thus far works with virtually no problems.

Just sharing should anyone else is wondering when it works.



Thanks. I have a Lenovo M55 that has a Q6600 plus it won't allow UPGRADE with the Q6600 so, I will give

this an attempt and see how I go.

All this really means is MS are not aware of if the vacation drivers work, in most cases older 8.1 drivers work fine.

Obviously backup data etc (preferably a sysytem image when you backup) prior to upgrade. Make sure you know you Windoss 7/8 key when you start.

how to setup windows 10The upgrade from W7 X64 Pro to W10 worked acceptable for me with a Dell OptiPlex 745 sporting a Q660 and 8 Gb of ram. No issues whatsoever.

Many pcs will not 'allow' upgrade truly upgrade fine should you manually upgrade using MS iso.



I have 5 systems to upgrade and I'm carrying out a clean install on all of the them over a separate hard disk drive (or SSD). That way I can find the Windows 10 upgrades activated ahead of the July 29, 2016 deadline and merely pop my old drive last to keep utilizing the older OS until I have time for you to reinstall the apps and transfer files, etc ... It also let's me know now if your systems can run Windows 10 you aren't. I'm not desirous to use the 'upgrade' method being a fresh install with a new drive is a lot more reliable and eliminates any possible downtime (and stress) if things go awry. Gee, what things can go wrong that has a computer...

ERROR :I just realized that the CPU around the DQ35JO motherboard is often a Q9300and NOT a Q6600.



Any from the Core 2 Quads will continue to work. People have been able to fit Windows 10 inside a Pentium 4, if I remember correctly.

I just did completed yet another one:



Asus P6X58D-E, Core i7- 960, 24gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Video.

(Asus provides no Windows 10 drivers on its website just for this board)

Again, I performed a clean install utilizing the DVD manufactured with Microsoft's ISO. All the devices were properly recognized and drivers were installed automatically. It activated without issue.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url