Duplicate Ownership For Directory" Errors

how to setup windows 10I see a number of these "errors" too for several folders, etc. I just ignore them as Windows seems happy

I generally ignore stuff like this, but it has me annoyed



It could be the final results that matters - (no corruption found) not the task..

Does anyone know very well what this is???? I have about 50 of these.



"0000049a Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:23]"??C:WINDOWScastdvr" in component Microsoft-Media-Capture-Internal-BroadcastDVR, version 10.0.10586.11, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35

Thank you.



how to fit windows 10Background: I just got the latest Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I started this process of updating drivers / Windows 10 / installing my personal favorite apps. After about 5 hours on this, somewhere in this process (I have no clue how..) I acquired the herpes virus that modified my Windows dnsapi.dll files (in Windows/System32 and SysWOW64 dirs).

I ran sfc /SCANNOW plus it identified the DLL problems plus a slew of "Overlap" errors. It also declared it could notfix any one of these problems .

I chosen to reinstall Windows using the "reset" windows command, but while using the "leave my files" option.

To be safe, I ran sfc /SCANNOW following re-install. The DLL problems were gone, nevertheless the Overlap problems remained as there. I can't believe that these are OK to possess after feeling it was the herpes virus that caused them. I did some study and found a sequence using DISM that got rid of which:

NOTE: DISM wouldn't work for me with out my own local install.wim source (I have a wim 10 image over a USB stick).

I ran cmd prompt as admin:



Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /wim:E:sourcesinstall.wim:1 /limitaccess

Then I re-ran sfc /SCANNOW. Same Overlap errors, but these times it stated it successfully fixed these complaints.

I rebooted and re-ran sfc /SCANNOW again. The errors were gone.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url