How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Upgrade And Clean Install Simple Guide

how to put in windows 10
If we could consolidate all of the windows 10 install questions to this thread i'm able to help people far more efficiently but lets ensure that is stays about upgrades and installs though please i really dont have to examine other comments.

Heres a pleasant FAQ from winsupersite.com for the best commonly asked questions



FREE UPGRADES OR NOT

Q. Does the Windows 10 free upgrade offer only last yr from 29 July 2015 to 29 July 2016?



Q. If I am still running Windows 95, Millennium (Me), XP or Vista on my small computer can I receive a free upgrade to Windows 10?

Q. I use a system running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 - am I qualified for the free Windows 10 upgrade?

Q. I employ a system running Windows 8 while using Windows 8.1 Update installed - can I obtain a free upgrade to Windows 10?

Q. Can I transfer my Windows 10 installation to an alternative computer after you have the free upgrade?



THE INS AND OUTS OF LICENSES

Q. I have a very retail license for my Windows 7 machine. As you know, I can transfer that license from a single machine to a new. So can I upgrade to Windows 10 totally free, then transfer my Windows 7 retail license with a second machine and upgrade any particular one to Windows 10 too?

A. NO.



Q. Okay, why not consider if I have a very retail license for Windows 8.1?

A. Still no.



Q. What if I bought a retail license that had been purchased online or perhaps a store - does the machine upgraded on the free Windows 10 upgrade remain licensed being a retail license?

A. YES.



Q. If I purchased my copy of Windows 7 or 8/8.1 to be a retail license from sometimes a brick-and-mortar store or even an online store, then I upgrade to Windows 10, can I transfer that upgrade to your new computer in the retail licensing?

Q. If I get a copy of windows 7 after 29 July will I still be qualified to apply for a free upgrade to windows 10?

A. YES. All properly licensed Windows 7 and 8.1 machines are entitled to the free upgrade until 29 July 2016.

Q. I use a laptop and own the copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that's installed on it. I need to upgrade that laptop to Windows 10. However, as soon as the upgrade, I would like to setup the Windows 7 Ultimate OS into VirtualBox in conjunction with our old Windows XP copy for demonstration purposes. Can I achieve that?

A. NO. Since you are utilizing the Windows 7 Ultimate license since the base for upgrading to Windows 10 on that device the Windows 7 license is locked to this machine and is not able to get moved. What you can do is upgrade that Windows 7 Ultimate machine to Windows 10 Pro, the version it truly is allowed to upgrade to.

Q. I have Windows 8.1 with embedded key . If I upgrade to Windows 10 will that key be changed no longer help Windows 8.1 ?

A. NO. If your system posseses an embedded key, then it can be most likely an OEM system by having an OEM license of Windows 8.1. You should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 totally free and the machine will be a valid install of Windows 10 and activated. Note that this is simply for that machine.

Q. Still me together with the OEM and Windows 8.1 using the embedded key. What if I upgrade now, and let’s say 16 months from now I want to get back on Windows 8.1 --can I accomplish that? And then back in windows 10 three months after that? Can I trip whenever I want long since its on the same PC ?

how to setup windows 10A. YES, YES and YES, although I can’t imagine any usage scenario where you’d want to keep flipping forwards and backwards between two os's like that.

To the very first YES: the opportunity to simply revert your upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10 is good for just four weeks. After that you can revert back however it will require a reinstall of 8.1.

To the next YES: If you do the Windows 10 upgrade inside the first twelve months it is going to be free for that lifetime of that device therefore you will be able to put in Windows 10 next on that system.

ALL ABOUT OEMS



Q. Is it factual that the free upgrade to Windows 10 retains the properties in the license which was on the upgraded Windows 7 or 8.1 system? In other words if I am by using an OEM system, when I upgrade it with a totally free Windows 10 upgrade, can it be still licensed as a possible OEM system?

Can I start a clean install of Windows 10 rather than an upgrade?

Q. I possess a genuine copy of Windows 7 Professional on my own laptop. I have never installed any Windows 10 build. Can I carry out a clean install of Windows 10 rather then an upgrade? Does this change based on whether I have an OEM or Retail copy? Are there any drawbacks not to performing a clean install if this isn't possible?

A. YES. Microsoft says that a clean install will likely be possible on the retail or OEM copy as long as it really is a genuine system.

Q. If I built my own, personal computer and purchased an OEM license with the hardware from a bricks-and-mortar store or perhaps online vendor, does my OEM license transfer on the Windows 10 upgrade after 29 July 2015?

Q. Can I transfer that OEM based Windows 10 upgrade to a new computer?



Q. In my SMB, we now have almost exclusively OEM Windows 7 Pro licenses that came together with the computers. These computers are joined to your domain. Do my machines receive a free upgrade? How?

A. YES. As an OEM licenses, they are entitled to the free Windows 10 upgrade. You’ll ought to download the ISO for installing and upgrading the os's, as domain joined machines will not likely see the "Get Windows 10" app.

Q. If I upgrade to my OEM machine to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1) or Windows 8 (with Windows 8.1 Update), let's say I want to upgrade a factor in my PC 3-4 months from now? Do the Windows 7/Windows 8.1 OEM upgrade rules apply in Windows ?

A. YES. The same algorithm is going to be used to see whether enough hardware is different to trigger needing to re-authorize that system. Some hardware changes is not going to cause a system to become de-authorized yet others will.

FLIPPING BETWEEN OPERATING SYSTEMS



Q. If I upgrade towards the final version of Windows 10 anytime during the very first year from your system using a genuine version of Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1) or Windows 8 (with Windows 8.1 Update) installed can I reinstall Windows 10?

Q. Can I execute a clean install of Windows 10 from the system having a genuine version of Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1) or Windows 8 (with Windows 8.1 Update) installed?

A. YES



Q. If I upgrade for the final version of Windows 10 anytime during the primary year from the system that has a non-genuine version of Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1) or Windows 8 (with Windows 8.1 Update) installed can I upgrade to Windows 10?

A. NO



Q. Do I need to make use of a Microsoft Account to upgrade my Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1) or Windows 8 (with windows 8.1 Update) system to Windows 10?
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url