Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 is excellent.



how to fit windows 10
It genuinely feels as though a step forward instantly upon first experiencing it. Windows 8.1 involved nearly per year before I could appreciate it's advancements over Windows 7.

I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 for the night after Windows 10's release. I started the upgrade process, attended bed, and was conversing with Cortana before I could pour my coffee.

I never received any notification in Windows Update to upgrade, so I used the Media Creation Tool to kick-start the procedure. It went smooth and every one of my programs, settings, even small customizations I had made carried to Windows 10 perfectly. An impressive feat by Microsoft.

how to fit windows 10I watched the identical story unfold on 2 more computers, one with older and somewhat out-of-the-ordinary hardware (optical touchscreen display, weird unlisted AMD processor, etc.), another a brand new custom built Haswell i3 Baby-Gamer.

I even watched the upgrade succeed in my roommates non-genuine crackedWindows 8.1 Pro, and genuinely activate.

So I decided to do the identical upgrade in this little production desktop.



Downloaded the tool media creation tool from Microsoft.

Told it to upgrade my desktop, in opposition to create an ISO. (same process for all your others I've done)

Downloaded the Windows 10 Pro data through the tool.



Started the upgrade process, made a decision to keep my "Apps and Person Files" and allow it to go begin.

It installed, rebooted one or two times, everything going normally.



It took slightly longer installing device drivers, but perceived to get through it ok.

It carried my user-name over (non-Microsoft account user, just like all another machines save for my Surface Pro 3)

I deterred all the creepy telemetry switches plus the upgrade completed normally.



I logged in, however it took quite a while at the "Preparing Windows" stage.

Once logged in, I was dropped to some black background, explorer we hadn't loaded yet, but I expected it to in the near future.

Then I got a couple of pop up boxes.



We got big error here... :(

has eliminate...



[Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Esc] = TaskMgr.exe has eradicated...

[Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] did actually work ok, but couldn't do just about anything other than reboot or log out of this point.

Couldn't get yourself a command prompt open, couldn't do much anything at now, so I rebooted. Nothing changers, same errors.

Rebooted to ArchLinux to poke around somewhat and see if you will find any warning signs of what's gone wrong.

Partition mounted up fine, so no Hiberfil.sys was developed, indicating hybrid shutdown didn't occur. Nothing really informative about that in addition to perhaps Windows hasn't yet fully configured itself up to now.

Did a Code:

ls -Rlsh /mnt/Windows.old



All directories apart from the /mnt/Windows.old/Windows directory perceived to contain only default files and directories to get a fresh windows install, in addition to my user directory being my user name, but containing the default contents.

Probably portion of how the Windows 10 upgrade migrates my "Apps and Personal Files".



/mnt/Windows.old/Windows usually contain every one of it's old Data from Windows 8.1.

Still nothing very informative discovered yet.



Code:

ls -Rlsh /mnt/Windows

That got here something more informative however...



Windows 10's Windows directory appeared intact and fully populated, but under closer inspection, a lot more than 40,000 files throughout this directory are reparse points. Unfortunately reparse points aren't supported on Linux's NTFS driver implementation.

I discovered a prospective point of failure, but sometimes go no further under Linux as I cannot determine where these reparse points lead.

I rebooted to my customized multi-purpose WindowsPE eighteen, you are further. The repairs-point files was valid, before I took a close look at them I performed a CHKDSK for the partition.

It reported that extended attributes were set for the reparse points, understanding that this was an error being forced to be fixed. I let CHKDSK /F clean this up, and after it reported no errors within the partition.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url