Excessive Bandwidth Usage Since Installing Windows 10 Pro

how to set up windows 10
I am a pensioner who's a special telephone/internet package for people of us on limited incomes. This package only allows 10GB of bandwith usage a month after which we will need to pay £5.50 for every single block of 5GB within the 10GB limit.

When I was using Windows 7 Pro my average monthly usage was +-6GB - safely inside my limit. I installed Win 10 Pro after July and my usage for August has soared to 12.57GB, in excess of doublemy previous average. I have not changed the best way I used my computer ahead of the advent of Win 10 in any way and I probably have that the OS would be the cause of my problem.

I am not knowledgeable in terms of things computer and, truth be told, I found the putting together of Windows 10 - in comparison to previous versions - extremely complicated. Win 10 also forces users to get things for their computers that are of no interest for many years and which don't want and I really feel sure that it's all regulated the apps along with stuff that I have no use for which can be causing the improvement in my bandwith usage. From what I have noticed when I complete a disk cleanup every evening before I shut my system down Microsoft Edge can be a major culprit but my research on the net indicates that that is one a part of Win 10 which you have no choice of getting rid of.

how to fit windows 10Can anyone inform me what I is capable of doing to get rid of each of the stuff I wouldn't like and/or what I are capable of doing to reduce the unnecessary amount of bandwith I am using.

Failing this I will just need to go back to Windows 7 Pro which set it up everything I needed from my computer without the many bells and whistles that Win 10 imposes on me.

How to prevent Windows 10 by using your PC's bandwidth to update strangers' systems | PCWorld



As well because setting already stated, depending on how you hook up to the internet, you might be able to set your connection as 'metered'

Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10

This should reduce Windows from downloading those large cumulative updates, while it still doesn't help you choose the small updates and delay the important ones.

Also, visit Windows Store and change the Settings to quit Store Apps from updating automatically

Store Update Apps Automatically - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

I installed Win 10 Pro at the conclusion of July and my usage for August has soared to 12.57GB, a lot more than doublemy previous average. I have not changed the way in which I used my computer prior to a advent of Win 10 in any way and I probably have that the OS would be the cause of my problem.

That usage is fairly possible as Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1 most often have to be updated before Win10 will download. I'm dealing with updating Win8.0 to Win8.1 now and it can be a 3GB+ download, does take time. The Win10 Upgrade download might be about the identical size, what about a tad less.

Win10 isn't going to install a similar programs that came bundled using a Win7 or Win8.1 computer, just Upgrades over those 2 Operating Systems, the bundled programs is still there unless/until uninstalled.

Using metered services is often problematic coming from a financial standpoint but many of that depends upon exactly what a User would like to do.

A couple more settings to think about.



From the first post, you may well be already making use of this feature, in the event you weren't Windows will advise you which applications are employing data. See here:

Network Data Usage - View in Windows 10

You could also reduce the volume of Usage and Diagnostic data which Windows sends



I think it turned out mentioned, however if you upgraded to Windows 10 online, that used at the least 3 GB of internet data just to download the OS before installing.

Thank everyone for your advice. I have followed each of the links you've given and done as suggested. It will be interesting to find out how much effect it really is effect.

This is the thing that my usage appeared as if. I haven't a hint as to what nvBackend is and, on seeing just what the solitaire collection uses (I play several games per day), I realise just simply how much I miss be simple, yet effective games that was included with Win 7.

My good man

Don't tolerate the crappy win 10 games. Get the real things at Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10

I haven't a hint as to what nvBackend is



It is portion of the GeForce Experience program, a non essential service that you choose to disable, if you would like.

More info:



My case is very opposite to yours. Sadly my Windows 10 Pro struggles to utilize most in the bandwidth which can be found to me.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url