Dual Boot Windows Installs Completely Independent Of Each Other?

Dual boot Windows installs completely outside of each other?



how to set up windows 10
Say I want to dual boot Win 10 and Win 7 (I have the license keys), would it matter which I install first? Or Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Home? And and keep things clean, let's imagine I take off the drive letter through the install this is not active. Will that create any problems because one install somehow is determined by files in the other install?

All the installs can be 64 bit versions. Also, I keep my "real" data on separate D: and E: partitions to limit the injury from a Windows meltdown.

Say I want to dual boot Win 10 and Win 7 (I have the license keys), can it matter which I install first?

Or Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Home?



No.

And to maintain things clean, suppose I get rid of the drive letter on the install which is not active. Will that induce any problems because one install somehow will depend on files on the other install?

You should leave the other OS drive letter set up until dual booting is fully create, you'll be able to remove it.

If it matters I would likely to end up using EasyBCD to decide on the install to start into.



I would recommend just using BCDBOOT to add the other OS to your boot menu after which MSCONFIG to create the default OS and desired timeout value.

Does BCDBOOT develop a menu so can I select which OS to start into? I would rather take that approach than need to take MSCONFIG to improve the default OS whenever I want to switch. But it's worth don't forget, because I just read somewhere that EASYBCD doesn't actually work with UEFI.

Thank you, sir!



how to set up windows 10x509

BCDBOOT will add your second OS towards the boot menu. You can set the default OS using MSCONFIG. The default OS is merely what laptop computer will boot into if you do not make a selection yourself. The timeout is when long laptop will watch for you to make a choice before booting the default OS.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url