BSOD During Windows 10 Installation

I'm having ongoing problems with getting BSODs while trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 over a new PC that I just built. Here will be the specs:

how to setup windows 10CPU: AMD FX-9370

MB: Gigabyte GA-990FX-GAMING

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770

HDD: 240GB OCZ Trion 150 SSD

RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Heatsink: Corsair H100i V2

Here would be the background of what I've tried up to now. Initially, I installed everything and booted into your bios to be sure the RAM and HD were named well as checking the CPU temp. I didn't adjust any settings inside bios. Everything looked good, so from another computer, I used the windows download tool to produce a bootable USB to setup Windows 10. Booted from USB, reached the screen the place you select the drive you want to fit windows to and after that it started copying and preparing files. Somewhere around 50% of preparing files, I received a BSOD. I believe it had been a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. So I rebooted and tried again. It got just a little further these times, approximately 80%, then another BSOD.

I figured that maybe I had a poor installation USB so I used the tool to download that will create another USB and completed it again. This time, I got throughout the installation but each time it aimed to boot, I was obtaining a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. So, I took everything apart, re-seated the ram, video card, processor and all sorts of connections (sata, usb, power, etc). Booted again and tried to put in and now, I couldn't even be able to selecting the drive, it filled me with a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod right after choosing the version of windows to put in (choice between Win 10 Home or Pro).

So, I've started replacing parts individually to see if something else entirely was bad but all installations are failing over the step of preparing files for installation, with one of the subsequent errors:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

These are definitely the items that I've swapped for troubleshooting:

Motherboard -> substituted for another new GA-990FX-GAMING board

HDD -> Swapped that has a 120GB PNY CS1311 SSD

RAM -> Tried installing with merely one stick installed at any given time, swapped involving the two I have

how to set up windows 10Tonight I'm going to try to load all available drivers to the MB, Video Card and HD (if available) prior to not hard to install. I already checked that I contain the latest BIOS version also. Any other thoughts on the might be going or suggestions of items to try? I'm sure necessary to guarantee is going to be to supply logs on the BSOD, wait, how do I achieve that without set up . completing and being able to boot into windows?

Please post here: Forum: BSOD Crashes and Debugging.



Follow the directions on top of the forun and the surface of each thread or post:

I suggest just copy and paste every one of the info as part of your post here to the BSOD thread.



Have you tried some other USB port.........

Sounds such as a driver error as well as this is a new build I am convinced that you might have a issue with the boards native drivers that may be causing a challenge with the USB itself.......

The Crash Crew here i will discuss great and when you supply the requested information as asked above you will reach the reason for the problem as well as a sound solution.....of their I am confident......

So it really ended up being that both sticks of ram were bad, so regardless if I had taken one out after which swapped them, I was still getting BSODs. I finished up pulling a 2GB get noticed of my older computer and the installation went fine and everything booted up ok. Just went back and exchanged those sticks now everything is working perfectly.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url