You Need To Restart Your Computer

This tutorial is meant for people who have some to numerous knowledge of computers, partitions and OS's. If you propose on formating your pc you might consider my other hub:

The total the perfect time to do this all in 1 go really should be around 3+/- hours. I wont post links on where you can get the DVD's. (Google).

//Ay Guys I just installed the most recent Ubuntu 10.04 and delay pills work great with dualboot for the people wanting to experiement or maybe a too nervous of going the full way..yum :)

Restart Computer


What You Will Need.......To Get Started

Click edit above to provide content to the present empty capsule.



A copy of iATKOS, iPC, Kalyway DVD (Snow Leopard not supported yet)

Windows 7 RTM DVD



Ubuntu 9.10 (latest) DVD

A decent working computer/laptop



A second internet source (incase anything fails)

Printed version in this guide (unless viewing off another machine)

Suggested Laptops are Dell Inspirons, Acer and HP.

.::Disclaimer::.

Click edit above to incorporate content to the present empty capsule.



I don't take on any responsibility for almost any problems you get from after that tutorial. By following the tutorial you happen to be agreeing to boost your laptop/computer machine through your own responsibility and desire.

Lets Begin :^)



Step1: Install Windows 7

Installing Windows 7 is simple and should take between 15mins - 40mins (machine dependent).

Once installation is complete, reboot as well as your machine moves straight into Windows.


First you will have to boot program a Windows 7 DVD you presumably have burned already. I Prefer erasing a challenging drive and "clean installing" Windows on the. Upgrade if you wish doesn't matter. Once installation is complete, reboot and also your machine runs straight into Windows. Set up Windows in your likings and install drivers as needed.

If you need Windows 7, Ubuntu and Mac OSX (Triple Boot) visit step 2.



If you need Windows 7 and Mac OSX (Dual Boot) visit step 3.

Step 2: Install Ubuntu (not nesessary)

There are 2 main ways to put in Ubuntu. I'll be doing how I find easiest and intuitive.

Log for your Windows and insert the Ubuntu Disk. If the installer opens automatically great. If not see the disk to check out Wubi. Run Wubi and also the installer should appear. As an installation option select "Install on the inside of Windows". This could be the easiest way to put in Ubuntu for only the most novice laptop or computer user. Select a drive (Use the just like Windows), go with a minimum of 7 gigs of space for Ubuntu. Enter your account information for your own account. Installation should take around 30 minutes or less.

Reboot your machine and Ubuntu should appear under Windows 7 highlight it while using arrow keys and press Enter button. Ubuntu will become up now. Install any nessesary programs, drivers and explore your own Ubuntu :^) . Shutdown you machine.

Congratulations to date you should have Windows 7 and Ubuntu Successfully installed and. Grad a drink and food now.

Proceed to step 3 to set up Mac OSX



Step 3: Install Mac OSX

Boot up into Windows 7. In the start menu search "computer management" (Here is were we partition a drive for Mac). In the left panel select Disk Management and partition 15GB if not more for Mac OSX. The Partition really should be formated as Fat32. Insert the Mac OSX disk and reboot.

Boot into your Mac OSX disk. When prompted to setup in 'x' seconds type "-v" without quotation marks. A bunch of writing should appear and also be on the screen for the about 5 mins or less.

When prompted check out Disk Utility at the summit panel and select to erase the partition you're planning on installing Mac OSX on. Format the partition as Mac OS Journal. Close your window and select install. Let it install, this would take around 20 mins. Afterwards Mac OSX with boot up, possibly you don't have sound yet and also your resolution is the better.

Step 3: Install Mac OSX - - continied - -

Now its up to you to setup the drivers your own Hackintosh machine will be needing. For Dell Inspiron Users I'll be assembling a package so that you can download to find the drivers. But till then perform a little googling.

Almost done, we're on the way to the final steps. When you reboot and select Windows you'll notice that your struggling to. Reboot your laptop but insert the Windows 7 (and even Vista) and select "repair" when its done loading. Select "Startup repair", this could take 1 minute or so. Reboot and you may notice Mac OSX is missing. Boot into Windows 7 and download an application called "EasyBCD". Open this system and select to provide entry (We're going to include the Mac OSX entry. From the drop down box select Mac. Under Drive select "boot". Now reboot there you go.

FINISH

Last thing you want to do is keep track of programs and software in your OS's. You've officially completed the Tutorial.

Don't be shy to see my other pages and comment and have a short glance at the poll below, thanx..... make sure you comment if this works well.



Related

Operating SystemsHow-To Install Ubuntu, Steam height:75px" class="thumbphoto">Operating SystemsInstall Ubuntu 10.10 On A Windows Partition With WUBI

by Dense45

Operating SystemsAn Overview of The World’s Top PC Operating Systems

by Jared Zane Kessie6



Computers width:300px;height:250px" data-ad-client="ca-pub-9738510653506267" data-ad-host="pub-6958755572607374"> Popular

Operating SystemsBest Linux For Old Computer

by jponline0

WindowsHow to Speed Up Your Windows XP Computer/PC in several ways

by easyguyevo17



sendingJohne758

I got that which you intend, thankyou for setting up.Woh I am lucky to discover this website through google. Being intelligent is not a felony, but the majority societies evaluate it as at the very least a misdemeanor. by Lazarus Long. ebdbdfadgeag

Rendy



can i triple boot with VAIO VGN-CS36LJ we've dual boot ubuntu and 7...?? are its will works around my Laptop...?

krishna dev anand



Please identify.........How to Triple Boot Windows 7 ,Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Apple Mac OS X Lion 10.7,3 on Dell Inspiron 1545............

Rahul Juneja



Hi! I have ubutnu and or windows 7 installed in my pc. I first installed first xp after which ubuntu and have absolutely no problems! i will be a big fan of mac and wanna install it in my intex pc! i desired to know that if installing osx, should i be getting a solution in bootloader for booting ubuntu?

Sorry I haven't said anything concerning this in two weeks, however it isn't doing work for me. I used EasyBCD for making an entry inside my boot record on top of that from the ISO, because I didn't have a very disc adequate enough to burn the style on it. I booted through the image, and yes it hangs for the Apple logo. For the initial few minutes, it is simply the Apple logo screen. Then, this random icon appears about the Apple logo. The icon is like a 'no entry' type sign. Please help! (By how, my computer posseses an AMD core)

DASA



I m gonna do that out

Todd



Would this work using a cloned copy of an mac? have one on the portable disk drive, but can't figure out how as well that from my regular computer. This would work and get back the hard disk drive. THANKS beforehand!!

newfyworld



6 a long time ago from in the Boonies

Nice. I am setting up a new partition right this moment, anticipating it to perform... Let's hope until this works out because you said, if anything else happens, that you will find a real bummer... I doubt that whatever else would happen though :3

spyker



the simplest way is

# insert the OS cddvd



# restart

# your computer will show an os if u inserted the os disc



# install that within the drive that u wish create a new partetion

# Work with ur OS



pavan

hello,



can anyone inform me how to triple boot atkios l2,windows 7 and xp?

Greywacke



Had to produce a boot repair disk or ubuntu being attached to one partition - only using that did the windows 7 bootloader wish to be replaced. however - we are still struggling to even browse the mac o/s x lion dvd 0o

ADITYA BALIGA



6 in the past

I HAVE WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS7 AS DUAL BOOT NOW.IF I INSTALL MAC WILL MY XP AND 7 BOOT OPTION DISAPPEAR.I AM ASKING YOU BECAUSE I DONT HAVE XP DISC TO REPAIR.AND TELL ME HOW TO CONFIGURE EASY BCD TO HAVE TRIPLE BOOT WIN 7-WINXP-MAC OS X LEOPARD.PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE STEPS

THANK YOU



curious

does anyone determine this is possible to try and do from a snow leopard cd yet?



AWEsome kid

@tony



Just go for your nearest apple service provider

@AppleORangePear



-v means verbose, it displays what exactly is happening over the installation.

AppleOrangePear



What does the -v flag do exactly?

tony



hello i are most often having a downside to my macbook pro,i installed window7 onto it n now i have to get rid of it nonetheless it seems its stuck in my laptop, the macbook pro wont install the main mac osx 10.6.7 that had it. can anybody help regarding how i can get my mac bck n running on osx..... thanx

Jon



hey, I almost have it but, I got problems. Every time I boot Mac OS X, it says "You ought to restart your pc. Hold around the Power button..." Does anyone know the way to fix it?

@martijin, use any partitioning program, you should use the standard one who comes with Windows or you'll be able to boot the OSX disk and partition it following that.

@Stas, no that is not needed at all. You'll just need to generate a new partion formatted for the OSX format, "Journel Extended". This can be done utilizing the OSX disk.

Stas



Hello!Do i should erase my harddisc before installing anything?If yes do i ought to format it fat32 or ntfs?

martijn



hi to begin with the tut looks nice and decent. Secondi got something. I am using windows 7 and ubuntu 11.4 together with the grub bootloader ad boot manager. Now can i just create a new partition for Mac OS X or do i need to reinstall on your own?

Sunny



could it work which has a snow leopard retail DVD

pinki



I have installed ubuntu and win 7. Will be a problem to setup directly macosx ? I have 20GB free

@varun



This should work perfectly fine :)

Luke, this will assist AMD processors nevertheless, you must have no less than SSE2 support. You can check with an application called CPU-Z

Varun - I have responded for a question via email.



varun

okay, i recently got myself a whole new dell inspiron 15R, 5gb ram, 500gb hard-disk, and yes it already has windows 7 home 64bit installed, we want a triple boot with ubuntu 10.10 and snow leopard 10.6.

i donot would like to completely format my hard-disk.



do you reckon your method should use my system and my requirements of maverick meerkat and snow leopard?

Luke



Does this support AMD processors?

HomeMadeSin



Great tutorial, thanks. Is it possible to access your off-line e-mail along the three OS's? Probably not possible, however it doesn't hurt ought to...

Joel



Just just as one aside to the tutorial...

while using ubuntu 10.10 CD you CANNOT install by using these exact instructions.



If you might be doing a clean install coming from all 3 OS', follow this procedure during your windows install:

If you adhere to the step by step, you won't get a root directory created. This is due to the way in which windows7

creates partitions.



You will have to delete 200mb system partition that win7 creates prior to do your win7 install.

To make this happen, you will have to go ahead and enable the system create out of the unallocated space. When windows says it'll create it partion click ok.

Once which is done, DELETE the windows partition so it just created. Leave the machine partition there.

You can have the computer partition as well as the unallocated space.



Extend the machine partition by hitting extend. Extend it for the size of your whole drive.

You can have on single partition which says system.



Now format the computer partition.

Once done, you may install windows for this partition without issue.



After plenty of trial and error I have successfully triple booted win7, meerkat and OSX on the full size lenovo n100 3000.

If you could have any questions - djetaine @ gmail . com



SeXy vHeRn

Hi L3B0,



how to put in windows 10Thank you for that tutorial. i had been really appreciated it. Here's my scenario..I tried installing Ubuntu in my WIndows 7, while i reboot my pc, during verification of installation driver of ubuntu was stopped on account of error of partition or something like that, however i didn't create partition. I just locate ubuntu within the drive on what my win7 installed.So, i try to make a prtition for ubuntu, yet still no luck! Error still appears. Please help. :((

@johny14



I heard it is useful with netbooks...notably Dell notebooks? :)

Ross Libby



I familiar with triple boot in my Macbook Pro, but that has been with Windows Vista as opposed to 7...

johny14



I have one question. Can I make this happen operation on the netbook? Is that possible?

@Haverlorn



I think they need to work fine, havn't used 10.6 yet...but I would think so :)

Haverlorn



Hey dude, thx because of this easy tutorial. i'll use the Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard files.... will it assist win7x64 ultimate? :)

thx



Joseph

Hey I am wanting to Triple Boot Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.10 and Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard, I know how to setup all three of em, but the main problem comes at the time and energy to boot some of those OS's. I was wanting to use Chameleon Bootloader 2.0 RC3, however it only detects Windows and OSX. Then I tried easyBCD, and it is possible to see the 3 of em, but when I select OSX it wont boot. Then I tried GRUB, same results as easyBCD, except that as an alternative to OSX not booting, its Windows...

Any help truly appreciated, plz email me so i could get notified



Thanks to the cool tut L3B0, always trying to find some new approaches to tinker around with mac os x.

-Nick



@Dale, try typing in -v -f, that could just help...otherwise then your best option is to try re-burn the disk as it can be corrupt something like that.

@Chad, that should work perfectly fine. Having separate Hdrives within my opinion is safer. If something fails with the one, you've got others to select from :)...do it!

Chad



I have 3 separate drives,a 500gb for osx,a single.5tb for win7,as well as a 160gb for ubuntu, will this tutorial work much the same way and can I use Chameleon for my bootloader?

Dale



I have a very problem. After I enter in -v , a variety of writing appears and after that it freezes. Please help! I'm utilizing a Acer 5251 laptop.

@Jeg



This is leopard 10.5, if you wish to have 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD then I suggest you install 10.6 over bat as how to update 10.5-->10.6 is tricky, I don't even undertake it.

@Brady



The easiest way to partition is utilizing the Windows CD/DVD. It is simple and, sometimes removes any problems looking to partition. If you've got been trying that route your next best option is some almost application to help you via Windows.

Brady



I was seeking to partition and each time I try to develop a partition it says I need for making it dynamic rather than basic. How do I partition it so I can ensure that is stays basic?

also, it is leopard 10.5 rite? Can i update to snow leopard 10.6 afterwards? Would you be able to identify how to accomplish this

Jeg



I never have tried this yet and can soon do while i get my new envy 14... got iPC and ubuntu ready. If i installed ubuntu last, could i purchase the grubloader to figure? What loader would show if I did your method?

@tushar



That is quite strange, I'll do my advisable to help out though just keep checking back on an update.

tushar



first two steps goes fine.

but



the disk utility cannot erase fat32 volume

while i click erase everthing partitions disappears.



@ravi, I preferably use Ubuntu on NTFS..but I think FAT32 should work equally efficiently too, do not delay- try against each other.

@Kxrae, The disk you burned could possibly be damaged or scratched even lightly. Or the look burned to your disk was corrupt somehow. Those are my two best bets available for you. Try re-downloading and re-burning to find out if the dilemma is resolved otherwise, talk to a member in the InsanelyMac, iATKOS, KALYWAY or iPC to find out if more experienced members can help :)

Kxrae



Hi. Can you assist me? I had burn my MAC OS X and yes it Can't load while i tried to setup it and I've tried 1000 different way/option to figure against eachother how to set up it but nothing seems help me and that i was wondering when you could assist me to. My problem is once i insect the disc and like everyone said, you could have to wait no less than a min to wait patiently it load however it didn't and also the only thing it occurs is repair windows and blalala... can you identify what's the problem from it? And as walking out to you've previously mentioned that *The laptop is only going to boot into special Mac OS Disks which you must download from online somewhere.*.. You mean by software? Please can you identify how to set up it? Btw my OS might be windows 7, and I'm using laptop *Acer ASPIRE 4935*. Please any information that would assist me means much to me. Thanks! reply me asap. I'm waiting.

ravi



Brother Should It Be FAT32 For Ubuntu Tooo ?

@Casey Jones



I installed Ubuntu into a partition while using the Wubi installer so that really should be fine.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||



@vips

No solutions that I can think about really sorry, my best option for you would be to restart and re-install the Mac OSX.

vips



i got in terms of installing macosx but then after i restarted it said partition error and that i cant do anything. any solutions? thanks

Casey Jones



Hi. The idea of Wubi seems brillian, except for whatever reason it won't sit well with me to setup an operating system like that... Would it sometimes be so much more difficult to fit Ubuntu to its partition? Are there any potential pitfalls I ought to be aware of if I took this route instead, with otherwise exactly the same setup?

Thanks for your guide! It's very helpful. [-:



@L3BO

Thanks a lot, I wanted to accomplish that from ages but I wasn't sure the way to do it. Thanks again man.



@Kimo

This should, whether or not this has the Wubi installer.



Kimo

will this work on ubuntu 10.04



@Chuck McNutty

I indicates you develop a new simple volume as a result. When you install the Mac OS you format the that exact drive again in "journal format"...but which is explained afterwards in the tutorial.

ok i partitioned my disc and we have 100g of unallocated space in this little drive. do i need for making a new simple volume as a result or just leave it as being is? thanks Chuck

I sorry to say I'm not 100% sure on what to perform in your situation, I suggest you re-install Mac but consider the drivers and options you end up picking when installing. If not that then confirm the BCDEasy. You may have to create another bootup option alongside Win7 that "connects" to your Mac OS aspect.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||



@Chucky McNutty

Often laptops come using a disk to fit the current OS (I employ a Dell Version), making sure that program you have must be fine. You will need a iATKOS/iPC etc type disk and does not need original Mac OS disks. On the update side I think there are several contributors to obtain this from. Just a little Google is needed.

Chuck McNutty



i've a sony vaio that has a 320g hd with windows 7 already installed. i do not employ a win 7 install disc. we've some vaio program that installs it in my opinion. can i need a windows install disc? also we have leopard and snow leopard install discs i acquired from my friend can i need iATKOS? if you do will leopard be fully update-able once installed? all help will be greatly appreciated!

Ok, now I seem to contain the same exact problem as Rob Carson a couple of posts above me...



Me again. iATKOS didn't boot in the installer, so I tried iPC instead, worked perfect. I picked mu drivers and patches then installed. After it installed, it inspired to reboot into mac so I rebooted nonetheless it rebooted into windows instead. I reinstalled Mac 3 to 4 times nevertheless it never boots into mac. Since windows boots up fine, I don't have to use the windows 7 install disk to correct the startup. So should I download EasyBCD and follow your guide from that point?

Ok, many thanks responding, im downloading iATKOS now, hopefully everything may go OK!



@Andrew5500

You must be able to set up Mac OS around the 1TB HD. As long because two OS's are saved to different Hard drives/Partitions then it needs to be OK.

andrew5500



(I am a beginner)I am pondering trying the dual boot, I use a 320gb Hard Drive, already has Windows 7 installed, as well as it was almost filled up, I bought another 1tb disk drive. currently, it can be unallocated, it's nothing today, and we are wondering whether it is needed to reinstall windows 7 within the 1tb? I am really new to the present and we are asking after we can just install mac on my small 1tb but still dual-boot?

iATKOS may be the one I used but I've heard iPC is a great choice, all your responsibility on that you :).



OK, we appreciate you confirming that in my opinion. I will try that, the iPC or iATKOS or whatever might work. The triple boot you described is what I focus on. I hate to quit on Mac since I already got it.

@Anchorite



The laptop is only going to boot into special Mac OS Disks which you ought to download from online somewhere. It won't be capable of read original Mac OS disks. This also explains why it only boots into your Win7 DVD perfectly. Query again if you might have more questions.

Hope this will assist you.



Anchorite

I've got a Leopard 10.5.4 DVD as well as a Snow Leopard Upgrade 10.6 DVD as well as a Sony VAIO E series, although the BIOS is scheduled to first boot to internal optical drive, it does not boot with the idea to Mac DVD, always says no OS found. Any ideas? Boots into Parted Magic and Win 7 DVD's just great.

titi



Hello

This looks like a nice tutorial I'll try that when I get home thx :)



Peter

8 a long time ago from Australia



G'day this may seem like a great tutorial however I would like to understand the reasoning behind installing these three systems on to one machine. Can someone please produce a logic explanation?

Video Express



8 years back from Boston, MA

This is a terrific tutorial. I use a large old mac laptop in your own home. But, was considering getting an Asus netbook for your commute by train at work. I was considering installing Ubuntu because notebooks often only include Windows 7 mobile. I will give mtss is a try when I obtain one.

Rob Carson



Having issues, I'm only installing Mac OS X and Win 7 64bit, I have Windows 7 booting though EasyBCD I can't get mac (it did boot before 'fixing' win 7) to start, it really acts such as the mac partition doesn't exist. When changing the drive to 'boot' it reverts to C:/... anyone got any ideas?

Im never to sure on that, ill try figuring out when i've some time.



Fede

Is it posible to make use of Chameleon as boot manager?



Reply to "Steve"

If its a boot problem, you would possibly have to re-install the OSX again, if still not maybe future/newer releases on this will be out using a fix in your case.

Reply to "Help please"



Sorry I made this with all the intent from it being for windows users usually takes some thinking and I'll post when/if I find something.

windows root system32 hal.dll corrupt or missing



When I boot underneath the OS X I get these message.

Any suggestions?



Thanks,

Steve



Help please

Great tutorial ,, perhaps the biggest issue is that i really don't use windows , i'm a linux ubuntu user so now , without needing windows as well . how do i dual boot between linx ubuntu and mac os ,

using The Linux ubuntu bootloader or (GRUB) , any ideas ??



Yup, worked with me at night

Frearfactory



Any luck while using Dell Inspiron package yet?

Thanks!



Zech

IT WORKS!!!!!!!



I've been trying to try this since OSX had intel support. I've already had OSX Installed on both my Toshiba Satellite L35 and Dell Studio, WORK GREAT! BUT i desired to dual boot with windows 7, that is the only one who i aren't getting errors!

AUTHORL3B0



The tutorial works, I've tested it myself on my small laptop and it also worked like no bodies business :)

jian



9 a long time ago

does this tutorial work? anyone has used it?

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url