Unable To Boot From ISO Image

how to set up windows 10I attempt to re install Windows 10 because doing so was slower than normal, the reset failed then when I attended boot the computer up it kept restarting with the first ASUS screen.

I are inventing a ISO by Downloading the Windows 10 away from the Microsoft website. I mounted the ISO using Etcher on IMac.

Plugged the USB in and changed boot priority, it detected the USB flash drive and not the content.



My method is an ASUS X550L Intel core i5 8gb 1tb HDD original main system Windows 8

If you never mind, let's move on over completely from scratch.

Please follow these instructions to your letter..........................

Use the Tech Bench connect to download YOUR version of Windows 10.



scroll down toSelect Edition > click on the pointer in the right and selectthe sameedition of Windows 10 your pc is now running > click Confirm.

go through the pointer and select Language > be sure to pick the same language the computer is currently running > click Confirm

choose the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you choose the same bit version because computer is currently running.

on the bottom, click on the pointer close to Save > click Save As > navigate with a folder which you decide on > select the chosen folder > clickSave

The iso begins downloading in your chosen folder.

When it's done, visit that folder > open the folder > right click for the iso file > clickMount > clickSetup.exe

Installation will start.

It will let you keep you files, settings and apps.

No product key's required.

Activation will probably be automatic.

Hi, sorry I haven't been fully clear. My laptop struggles to boot, it keeps restarting with the ASUS window when I turn it on. as well as the only computer I have having access to is a IMAC that I can download the ISO

I apologize. I completely misunderstood this page.

You can continue to use the Tech Bench link and download the iso > burn it to your bootable USB > then do it on your Asus.

If no work, please wait a tad for someone else ahead along that may help you.

Thank you.

Actually, simply make the partition active to make certain - it certainly can't affect UEFI booting whether it is.

Two things. First, ensure the USB usb flash drive is formatted for FAT32 before copying on the files through the mounted ISO file. Some computers won't boot from an NTFS usb flash drive. Second, when the ASUS requires flash drives too in legacy mode (rather then UEFI), then be sure the FAT32 partition within the USB usb drive is marked as active. Actually, only make the partition active to be certain - it does not affect UEFI booting when it is. Also, there should just be the one partition on the memory stick.

Hi, so I formatted the USB to FAT32, I can confirm it really is single partition. How do I check it becomes an active partition? Can this be done coming from a Mac?

how to setup windows 10I have no concept on a Mac. I only know how you can from Windows/Command Prompt. Have you tried booting the Asus from that again?
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url