Not Sure What To Do Now

how to put in windows 10
I wanted to set up windows 10 in my Stream 13 (only 32 GB SSD). With the recovery partition and windows 8.1 plus all updates i'd been left with not nearly enough space to setup Windows 10. After a few failures I was capable of making this work this also is how.

My answer to the problem. This is not to express that a easier one might turn up but this can be a only thing that worked personally.

*Compleate an innovative recovery to build as clean of any install as posible



*Install all updates

*utilize the Media creation tool to build a USB for that instal.



https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

how to set up windows 10*On another USB I developed a copy in the system recovery (because achieve was to delete the recovery partition after installing windows 10 and avoid wasting much needed space)

*Click about the setup within the USB produced from the media creation tool (dont boot into it this time around and attempt a full clean install or windows won't recognise your 8.1 key). continue with the directions to buy some new pc.

*Somewhere here i had been told i always didnt have sufficient space in this little computer but was handed an option to pick an additional drive or USB to compleate the upgrade. I used my micro SD but had the possibility to use a USB thumb drive at the same time. Just plug one out of with enough space, refresh and select the main one you want.

*once done I was operating a upgraded version of windows 10. and all sorts of was well.



Now at this time my hardware was famous for Windows 10 and I can reinstall all I want.

*Personally at this stage i didnt want the 7GB windows 8 recovery paertition just on it.



*I now ran the USB created by the media creation tool to chance a full clean install of windows 10. During that process I was competent to format the C: drive and additionaly the recovery partition (and not remove it yet) There are plenty of youtube videos on how running this clean install with step-by-step help.

*once windows 10 was support I used DISKPART to take out the recovery partition after which went back into Disk Management to inflate the main partition to fill the rest of the empty space about the SSD. Again there are several great videos and posts on how to perform DISKPART and Disk Management. Sounds rough but was really easy and done extremely fast.

*Lastly ran all updates and followed somewhat guide from HP on the way to make sure you have the right GP drivers up all night on a Clean install. nearby the bottom you'll see Steps to consider after upgrading to windows 10.

*Now DO NOT LOOSE that USB recovery tool you have made because that may always enable you to get back to factory settings.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5071171&docId=emr_na-c04734799&docLocale...

Sorry if any one of this is unclear when I was looking to get this to be effective I could nto find anything with all the steps for taking and I found themselves having to makes use of the system recovery USB i made again and again to start again.

EDIT: I have am HP Stream 13 that included 8.1 The hard drive ont hese things will not be large enough to compleate the upgrade to windows 10. So i preformed a clean install at a USB. Now i've got 10 and it is just not activated.

NOW I read which you MUSST preform the upgrade first to enable windows to detect your hardware and register becoming valis for your free windows 10. BUT since upgrade had not been posible I possess a windows 8.1 key that is certainly useless because there's no plan to change the answer to a windows 10 key.. This is insane. these laptops are increasingly being advertisd while using free upgrade to windows 10 yet are not capable of be upgraded. Not sure where to start now.

I am managing a new HP stream 13 touchscreen with windows 8.1



I would like to upgrade to windows 10 before I am back in school (before i have to fit all kinds of software and files) Obciously the Stream does not adequate SSD left to preform the upgrade. I have launched a clean install USB thumb drive but am concered about using it.

From what i've read the recovery partition that will not be deleteable houses files the system accesses. When i execute a Clean install wiping the C drive (although not the partition) will everything work? must i loose the utilization of that partition space forever?

and lastly I used a course to access my windows key as it is often located in the bios not on the sticker but I would like to know if anybody has done this and achieved it auto detect? or did they run into any problems. Sorry if this can be all posted elsewhere but i am not seeing any valid information in any way.

EDIT! I do employ a USB recovery that we can use easily must to windows 8.1 I installed 10 coming from a USB which is workign fine apart from it is now saying my KEY isnt valid just for this clean install. How do i convert my 8.1 critical for a key that can work for 10? I cant see myself choosing a new key from microsoft if the laptop was sold having an advert saying free upgrade to 10. It isnt posible to perform a upgrade because on the space required for that upgrade to perform its work. this can be a real pain.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url