Unable To Upgrade To Windows 10, Please Help

how to put in windows 10I come with an older PC through an Intel Dual Core E6600 CPU and still have Windows 7 together with Windows 8.one in dual boot configuration installed. I cannot upgrade the Windows 8.1 install as it is installed on a virtual drive then when I try and upgrade the Windows 7 install, I get "processor not supported" error and my E6600 CPU supports NX or ED. I look into the BIOS and also the ED feature is enabled and also since I have already Windows 8.1 installed, it must work. I also checked for that KB2952664 fix because it's installed. I tried the media creation tool and have the same error. What can I do to upgrade?

I'm steadfast against just about any dual-booting put in place. If it was me, I'd undo the dual-boot and develop getting 7 to upgrade. Assuming it truly is legal and activated, you may follow a tutorial we've here ongoing right to Windows 10 minus the upgrade. Then, once completed, I'd virtualize some other OSes you could want/need to operate.

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly and never have to Upgrade First - Windows 10 blog



Thank you to your info. Of course I have a legal copy of Windows 7 along with Windows 8.1. Do you suggest the upgrade issue related to the dual boot setup? How can I resolve the Windows 7 upgrade problem while not having to wipe and perform a complete fresh installation? Is there one other way I can try and upgrade? I tried the media creation tool concentrating on the same result.

I tested Developer Preview with an older HP xw4600 machine. It was running an Intel E5200 dual core CPU, 4 GB DDR2 RAM as well as a 1GB NVidia GeForce 9800GT.

I began in October 2014 and underwent all fast ring releases until RTM without any hardware problems.

I do not think it's your CPU. I don't dual boot, in case not that it can be something else inside BIOS

how to put in windows 10I checked the BIOS as well as the CPU function is turned on as well as I have Windows 8.1 as being a dual boot installed, I know the pc is compatible. I tried to upgrade the Windows 8.1 install there it has no compatibility issues but it really will not do the installation since it runs on the virtual drive. Is there a different way to upgrade if I download Windows 10 into a DVD, can I do an upgrade install your? the media creation tool does the identical after it finishes the download and checks your computer it stops since the CPU is just not compatible.

Try updating the chipset drivers in Windows 7 and then your CPU might be detected properly.



The issue is, I got an Abit MB and they're out of business. How can I update the drivers?

Doing a Search with the Internet for your motherboard's name and model number plus drivers should raise up a number of choices. Only dilemma is that most want money to supply the drivers but that might be the only choice and also the cost would most likely be under buying a newer motherboard or new computer. I've just finished the download and started the install of Win10 Home over Win7 Home 32-bit upon an older Dell Dimension Desktop. I couldn't utilize the 64-bit version of Win10 because BIOS doesn't support it though there was no issue installing Win7 64-bit upon it, missing one feature along with a BIOS update from Dell didn't repair it.

The Media Creation Tool will let you save an ISO to shed to DVD.



I had no luck seeking any support or driver pages for Abit (no less than ones that sounded legit). Sorry.

Use Aida64 to locate the models of your hardware devices. Then forget Abit, download from chip manufacturer (Intel, NVidia, AMD, Realtek, whatever). No need to register, the free version offers you the info you desire. If there is no Windows 10 driver, try Windows 8 or 7 or Vista.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url