Brand New ACER Laptop, Can't Connect To Wifi?

Brand new ACER laptop, can't get connected to wifi?!?!?



This is perfect for my brother's computers, so I do not have all the specs, but I know enough about computers and earlier os's to figure this out but

1) Wifi appears for the linksys - home network

2) Asks to connect

3) Click connect

4) Says connecting (with out a password)

5) Says it truly is connected, not connected

how to put in windows 10The linksys router is password protected (works within the other computers at home, my phone, my ipad etc), however when I try to meet up the new laptop fot it wifi connect, doesn't necessarily ask me to the password - unsure why it is. I have never had this challenge with another computer before, so I am guessing it truly is the newer OS as I am not really acquainted with Windows 10.

I have tried "Forget" and "Disconnect" with no success, it never asks me for your password when I am trying to hook up to it. And even in the event it says CONNECTED, it really is not.

Any help will be appreciated.



Ok I finally started using it to ask for an essential - weird, the router settings had be RESET so there is no password.

I reset the password and entered a completely new one into the router for my brother

1) tried the newest key with my phone - worked

2) tried the newest key in reference to his new laptop - AND even while using key, no connect - tells me I am entering within the WRONG KEY

I am wondering when the router is simply too old for windows 10? Is there a approach to check?



Does not matter what age the Gateway is. If seeking to use WPS, it really is just letting the wifi automatically connect.

The SSID Passphrase is defined on the gateway. If he or she is connected to the right WiFi, entering the proper Passphrase should connect it.

Yeah it won't. I don't know in the event the router wants a firmware update you aren't. My brother, against my wishes, ran out to buy a brand new router. Maybe which will solve the issue or the laptop could possibly be faulty

Again the router does not have anything, it doesn't even have a Firmware update, unless there were a Security downside to IPTables, given that they run on Linux. As for him buying a whole new Gateway, it might or might not. Just will depend on if he sets it properly.

There are so many questions still outstanding. Does he run almost any third party Network Security software on his computer, does he have WPS enabled, did he properly secure the admin interface and as well set up Wireless properly. Then needless to say there is the idea that too many people imagine that they have to fit the software about the CD that comes together with the unit, that you do not.

Ok

Here is really what I know.

I have got it to ask to the security key. The key works - and I contain it set for AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT.

Now unfortunately that once the is restarted, it forgets as well as doesn't connect till the LINKSYS is engaged and the protection password is entered again.

this does not occur to any other phone or laptop used in the home.

Turn off WPS within the Linksys and plug from the Passphrase. There is a huge security hole with WPS, is why it truly is turned off automatically of Access Points and Gateways with Wifi.

It must be set for WPA (tkip)/WPA2 (aes).



how to setup windows 10I have just lately set it to WPA (tkip)/WPA2 (aes), but the condition still persists.

1) I contain it CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY, then I type inside the security phrase

2) It connects

3) When I restart your computer, it will NOT AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT.

4) This has happened repeatedly. I tried to uncheck and recheck the CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY but which doesn't seem to affect it.

Any further ideas?



Check Router settings -- should it use DHCP or will it try and allocate a selected IP address -- you definitely might have difficulty with security settings / IP "Lease times" or 1001 other settings. Check that the router can allocate enough IP addresses too -- remember plenty of households have phones, tablets, kindles etc all linked to the Internet too so you will often have loads of devices burning the IP addresses.

You should also check signal strength of wifi --if weak then computer will disconnect randomly. You can get better response with less interference if the router are able to use a 5GHZ wifi band signal as opposed to the 2.4GHZ one (your wifi card also have to be able to handle the exact same thing).

If you will need to use the 2.4 GHZ wifi band channels 6 and 11 will often be the least congested -- cable routers etc usually default to channels 1 and a pair of -- and beyond your USA channel 13 is a reasonably free one too -- not many people actually realize it;s there so a great choice - but I think it's restricted within the USA.

The 5GHZ band is way better all round if you possess the signal strength and hardware to make use of it though.



Usually obtaining the router set to DHCP should work -- also ensure Windows Firewall allows connections and you lack any idiotic A/V software hosing up network connections.

While testing you need to have A/V software damaged / stopped and shut off firewall. Then gradually turn back the on security stuff if there's a problem you understand which component is bringing about the defect.

Cheers

jimbo



It is normal with Windows 10 not to ever automatically catch the lease if it sees the Access Point.

We had this dilemma all of the time after we ran 10 around the two laptops. Switched to Linux Mint and the issue went away.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url